Sunday 9 August 2020

Blackcurrant Wine-to-be

I started a brew two weeks ago.  The blackcurrants were frozen, which my recipe says is good because it helps to release the juice.  I'm a little skeptical of this claim l, though. The berries freeze into little bullets and are still quite firm on defrosting.  I thought pouring boiling sugar-water on them would be enough to defrost and break them up a little, but getting the juice mashed out wasn't to easy.  I'll defrost them properly another time.  When I racked the 'must' into a demijohn the colour was good, and the flavour very fruity, with some body.  Recipe says to leave it alone for 4-6 months, with a similar period in the bottle.  Not sure I will be able to wait that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, you are very welcome.